How to Evaluate a Seattle Law Firm
At first glance, it can seem overwhelming choosing among the vast number of Seattle law firms. However, it is relatively easy to narrow your choices using a number of techniques:
- Recommendations. Friends and family members are often a logical source of information. If you know someone who has had success with a particular firm, you may want to investigate further to determine if they might be helpful for your specific concerns.
- Online research. Using a reputable lawyer search site like lawyers.com lets you quickly narrow the list of available firms by searching by practice area and location. You can quickly view summaries of each applicable firm, including links to their websites for more information.
- Law firm websites. Take time to review the websites of firms you are considering. They often provide insight into the firm's skills and methods—as well as the level of compassion the lawyers extend to clients.
Of course, this is only a first step. Meeting with one or more firms is essential in making your final choice.
When evaluating law firms in Seattle, ask yourself these questions
The best way to evaluate Seattle law firms is during a face-to-face initial consultation. By the end of that meeting, you should certainly have confidence in the ability of the firm to skillfully address your current legal concerns—but you should also feel confident in their ability to work effectively with you as a person. The following are just a few questions you should be able to answer after this important meeting:
- Does this law firm have a strong track record for cases like mine? Naturally, you need to be satisfied that the firm has skills, experience, and a past record of success handling legal situations similar to yours. Feel free to ask questions—the attorneys at Gregorek and Associates, PLLC welcome the opportunity to discuss their past successes and show why how they can help with your legal issues—now and in the future.
- Can I form a long-term relationship with this law firm? For most individuals in Seattle, the first legal issue is not the last. Lives are full of events—planning a marriage, buying a home, building wealth, and tax and estate planning, to name a few. Each milestone requires legal advice from a trusted advocate who is familiar with past issues and future goals. By providing skilled legal support for the range of issues that typically arise in life, the attorneys at Gregorek and Associates, PLLC build a deepening relationship with clients throughout their lives.
- Do I feel comfortable communicating with these attorneys? As you discuss your case, you need to be sure the Seattle attorney understands what you are saying, and that you understand the attorney. You need to make important decisions, no matter what type of concerns you are addressing. Accurate and comfortable communication is essential in ensuring you make informed decisions along the way.
Contact Gregorek and Associates, PLLC today
The law firm of Gregorek and Associates, PLLC provides individuals, families, and closely-held businesses in Seattle, Bellevue and throughout Washington State with the legal services they commonly require during the milestones of life. If you are looking for a Seattle or Bellevue lawyer, contact Gregorek and Associates, PLLC today. Located in Kirkland, WA our attorneys support clients in Bellevue, Seattle, and throughout Washington State.