Attorney and Counselor at Law
J. Scott Ralston
Key Practice Areas: Experienced civil litigation and transactional attorney representing and advising clients in a broad range of practice areas, including family law disputes (marital dissolution proceedings, legal separation proceedings, child custody proceedings, child support adjustment and child support modification proceedings, parenting plan disputes and modification proceedings, establishing parentage proceedings, nonparental custody actions), contested probate proceedings (TEDRA actions, will contests), guardianship proceedings, power of attorney actions (enforcement, revocation, validation, accounting actions), commercial disputes (shareholder and partnership disputes, purchase and sale disputes, noncompete and nonsolicitation disputes); business formation and business transactions; shareholder agreements and partnership agreements; and real estate transactions (purchase and sale agreements, and lease agreements)
.Practice Philosophy: Effectively manage settlement negotiations, mediation, arbitration and trial. Assist clients to evaluate their options and proceed with a sound legal strategy that is tailored to each individual client’s particular legal dispute with a total focus on achieving the clients’ desired result.
- Washington State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Nevada State Courts
- United States District Court, District of Nevada
- Juris Doctor (JD) University of Colorado School of Law, 1998
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Colorado State University, 1994
- Washington State Bar Association
- Nevada State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- King County Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International
Job Satisfaction: Achieving just results for clients such that their life may return to normal once their legal matters are resolved.
Prior Employment History:
- Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Barker Brown Busby Chrisman & Thomas, PLLV, Las Vegas, Nevada
Personal Interests: I enjoy spending time with my wife, cooking, sipping a good wine, mountain biking, hiking, watching movies, and overly ambitious home improvement projects.